LM24 FP3: Ferrari 1-2 in Hypercar; JOTA fastest in LMP2; LMGTE Am topped by No. 54 AF Corse Ferrari
Below are the main headlines from today’s three-four free practice session at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, round four of FIA WEC.
- Ferrari AF Corse place 1-2 in the third FP session in readiness for the centenary Le Mans this weekend.
- Antonio Fuoco in No.50 Ferrari 499P sets the best time of 3m26.579s to beat stablemate Alessandro Pier Guidi in the No.51 machine by 0.4s
- Kamui Kobayashi's has set an early session time of 3m27.580s sees the No.7 Toyota Gazoo Racing GR010 head the times in three hours of afternoon free practice at Le Mans. That stands to be the best non-Ferrari entry.
- Kobayashi set time early in session as Hypercar teams concentrate on race preparation for Saturday/Sunday and also some go for quali sims.
- No.8 Toyota Gazoo Racing GR010 places fourth with Brendon Hartley setting the time just 0.2s off Kobayashi's best.
- Hertz Team Jota fight back after difficult Wednesday as Antonio Felix da Costa takes the gold liveried Porsche 963 to fifth fastest time.
- Felipe Nasr takes No.75 Porsche Penske 963 to sixth position ahead of the fastest Cadillac V Series.R entry is the 12 Hours of Sebring winning Action Express entry. Jack Aitken peaks with a 3m28.277 lap that is good enough for seventh.
- The No.5 and No.6 Porsche Penske cars place eighth and ninth with Frederic Makowiecki and Andre Lotterer posting the times.
- The fastest Peugeot TotalEnergies 9X8s is the No.93 car as Paul di Resta sets time for 10 th .
- Fastest non-Hybrid entry is the No.708 Glickenhaus Racing entry as Ryan Briscoe peaks on a 3m30.433s lap.
- Pietro Fittipaldi again tops the LMP2 timing screens as Brazilian takes best time of 3m34.071s.
- The other gold liveried LMP2 car from Nielsen Racing is second with Mathias Beche lapping three seconds adrift of Fittipaldi's time.
- Fabio Scherer pushes Inter Europol Competition in to third position just 0.097 off Beche's time.
- United Autosports cars place fourth and sixth with the No.22 Oreca-Gibson heading the sister car. Phil Hanson and Oliver Jarvis set the times respectively.
- Algarve Pro Racing splits the United Autosports pair as Colin Braun motors to a 3m37.376s time.
- Ferdinand Habsburg crashes No.31 WRT LMP2 car at exit of Indianapolis and damages rear. Austrian is able to get the car back to the pits and team changes rear of car and gets back on track.
- Manuel Maldonado spins his Panis Racing car in to the gravel bed in the closing stages of the three-hour session.
- Tower Motorsports back on track after accident in yesterday's first free practice session. Team completes epic rebuild around a new survival cell.
- Francesco Castellacci sits atop the LMGTE Am times in the No.54 AF Corse Ferrari 488 GTE Evo.
- Italian peaks on a 3m53.681 in car he shares with Thomas Flohr and Daniel Serra.
- GR Racing second as Ben Barker's early session time stands and is just 0.158s off Castellacci's best.
- Iron Lynx Ferrari continues strong form as Alessio Picariello gets ready for Hyperpole with a strong lap to claim third in class.
- D'Station Aston Martin team continues to build up new car in readiness for this weekend's race after large Wednesday accident.
- No.98 Northwest AMR/Heart of Racing Aston Martin stops at pit exit and has to be towed back to the pits.
- Jenson Button sets best time in the Hendrick Motorsports run Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and places 41st overall on a 3m52.752s lap.
Click HERE for session results.
Next up is Hyperpole at 20:00 CEST.