How do WEC drivers celebrate Christmas? Part 3: Mike Conway
Continuing with our Christmas theme, FIAWEC.com has been busying speaking to various FIA WEC drivers to find out how they will be spending the festive season and what their Christmas traditions are.
Next in our series, we have Toyota Gazoo Racing’s Mike Conway. Here’s what the British driver had to tell us…
1. How will you be spending Christmas this year?
“I’ll be spending it in the UK with my family, it will be good to get some chill time!”
2. Do you have any family traditions?
“Nothing really different from the norm but we all help out in the kitchen just so mum hasn’t got to do everything.”
3. What do you eat on Christmas day?
“Turkey and goose, with all the trimmings. Roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, roasted veg, gravy, sausage stuffing. Lots of stuff to get me fat!”
4. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
“Food and giving presents, it’s always nice to see my nieces and nephews opening their presents”
5. What has been your most memorable present?
“I never got my race car bed that I always wanted as a kid… this still hurts, even now!”
6. You get a new car as a surprise Christmas gift… what is it?
“A Lexus LFA please!”
7. Will you have any New Year’s Resolutions?
“Try and get a third title….and another Le Mans too… I like watches!!!”