Spa Stat Attack!
Who are the kings of Spa? We have the answers......
- A first Hypercar win for Sebastien Buemi at Spa 2021 saw him become the first driver to win five times at one WEC circuit.
- Dalla Lana, Lamy and Lauda won in GTE Am at Spa in four consecutive years – 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. This is the longest win streak at one circuit by any crew in WEC history.
- 26 crews which won a WEC drivers title scored a podium that season in Spa (counting only the first race during the 2018/19 SuperSeason).
- Ferrari reached eight total wins at Spa in 2021, across both GTE classes. This matched their record haul of eight wins at Silverstone. Two races later, they swept Le Mans to take their tally to eight in France as well.
- When using Spa as a warm-up for Le Mans only, Jota Sport won the race twice – in 2012 with Zytek, and again in 2015 in the Gibson.
- Three cars – United Autosports #22, Porsche GT Team #92 and AF Corse #83 have all won the last two races at Spa (2020, 2021). This last happened at the circuit in 2017 and 2018, when Toyota #8, G-Drive Racing #26 and Aston Martin #98 all won both occasions.
- The first five Spa races all saw different constructor names win in LMP2 – Zytek, Oreca, Morgan, Gibson, Alpine. Oreca has won all five races post-2016.
- AF Corse led every session at Spa in 2014, topping all Free Practice sessions, taking pole and winning the race. This was the most recent ‘perfect’ weekend in GTE Pro for over seven years, until Porsche #92 last time out at Sebring 2022.
- All four winning teams from Spa 2020 backed up their win in 2021, only Toyota winning with a different car. The #8 GR010 took Hypercar debut victory, after the #7 TS050 scored its penultimate LMP1 win nine months prior.
Most wins at Spa across all classes
5 wins – Sebastien Buemi
4 wins – Paul Dalla Lana, Pedro Lamy, Mathias Lauda, Kazuki Nakajima
3 wins – Anthony Davidson, Roman Rusinov
Most wins by class
Overall/LMP1/Hypercar – Sebastien Buemi, 5 wins
LMP2 – Roman Rusinov, 3 wins
GTE Pro – Gianmaria Bruni, Sam Bird, Davide Rigon, Kevin Estre
GTE Am – Paul Dalla Lana, Pedro Lamy, Mathias Lauda