Glickenhaus Heads FP2 Session; Corvette Quickest in LMGTE Pro
The final two hours of track action on Wednesday evening see Romain Dumas lead the way in the No.708 Glickenhaus 007LMH entry....
Romain Dumas sets fastest lap in No.708 Glickenhaus Hypercar in two-hour second free practice session on Thursday night at Le Mans.
The LMGTE Pro category the No.63 Corvette Racing entry heads the field, while in LMP2 WRT again reign supreme.
In the LMGTE Am class Matteo Cairoli heads a Porsche 1-2.
The Headlines from the 90th 24 Hours of Le Mans Second Free Practice Session
· Glickenhaus Racing take fastest FP2 time as Romain Dumas reels back the years with a best lap of 3m28.900
· No.7 Toyota GR010 Hybrid Hypercar driven by Kamui Kobayashi sets last ditch time of 3m29.164s to grab second
· The No.8 Toyota Gazoo Racing GR010-Hybrid Hypercar places third with Brendon Hartley setting fastest lap on 3m29.248s
· Kiwi survives trip across Mulsanne Corner gravel midway through session unscathed
· Second Glickenhaus 007LMH car places fourth as Ryan Briscoe sets best time in final stages on a 3m31.461
· Alpine ELF Team end session fifth in Hypercar as Matthieu Vaxiviere peaks on a 3m32.592s best
· Corvette Racing tops second free practice in succession as Nicky Catsburg in No.63 car sets a 3m53.492s lap
· Porsche GT Team second as Frederic Makowiecki laps just 0.177s off Catsburg’s best in No.91 Porsche 911 RSR-19
· Corvette Racing 1-3 as No.64 Chevrolet Corvette driven by Alexander Sims stops clocks on 3m53.699s
· Riley Motorsports Ferrari 488 GTE Evo is fourth as Felipe Fraga laps in a 3m54.019s
· No.92 Porsche 911 RSR-19 is fifth heading pair of AF Corse Ferraris with No.52 heading No.51
· WRT continues to impress in LMP2 as they lead opposition once more
· This time it is Rene Rast who heads the times on a best of 3m33.119s
· Filipe Albuquerque second in No.22 United Autosports USA Oreca-Gibson just 0.263s
· WRT also place third as Dries Vanthoor sets late lap of 3m33.399s
· Cool Racing fourth in its best lap set so far today as Ricky Taylor peaks on a 3m33.473s
· Fifth is the Prema Orlen Team entry with Robert Kubica setting fastest lap for No.9 car on 3m33.559s
· Realteam by WRT sixth as Norman Nato sets best tour of 3m33.641s on final lap of session for sixth place
· Richard Mille Racing show strong long run pace as a 3m33.692s by Charles Milesi sees time good enough for seventh
· Algarve PRO Racing round out top eight as Williams F1 test driver, Jack Aitken, sets the time and also ensures car is first in the Pro/Am division
· No.46 Team Project 1 Porsche leads the LMGTE Am field with Matteo Cairoli flies to a 3m55.786s best
· No.88 Dempsey Proton Porsche second as Jan Heylen claims a last ditch lap of 3m55.729s
· No.98 Northwest AMR Aston Martin Vantage is third with Nicki Thiim again setting quickest lap
· Iron Dames Ferrari 488 GTE Evo continues fine form so far as Rahel Frey laps in 3m55.999s for fourth best time
· D’Station fifth with Le Mans rookie Charlie Fagg setting a 3m56.035s lap in Aston Martin Vantage
Click HERE for all results