How do WEC drivers celebrate Christmas? Part 4: Kevin Estre
To mark the rundown to Christmas, FIAWEC.com has been speaking to various FIA WEC drivers to find out how they will be spending the festive season and what their Christmas traditions are.
Next in our series, we have Porsche GT driver Kevin Estre. Here’s what the French driver had to tell us…
1. How will you be spending Christmas this year?
“This year I will be in Germany with my wife’s family - we switch every year between France and Germany.”
2. Do you have any family traditions?
“In France we go to “Les Halles de Paul Bocuse” in Lyon on 24th December early in the morning to buy all the food we need for the upcoming days. We finish the shoipping around 10am ans have a glass of white wine and some oysters.”
3. What do you eat on Christmas day?
“Some foie gras as starter, then lobster with vegetables. We have French cheese and a lot of fruits for desert as my family are not the biggest fans of Christmas cake.”
4. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?
“The fact that we take the time to see the whole family, play card games until the early morning after dinner and have some great food, wine and Champagne!”
5. What has been your most memorable present?
“Probably my first kart at the age of four.”
6. If you could spend Christmas with two other WEC drivers, who would they be and why (you’re not allowed to pick your teammates!)
“Current drivers: Come Ledogar and Matthieu Vaxiviere... all time WEC drivers: Benoît Tréluyer and Timo Bernhard”
7. You get a new car as a surprise Christmas gift… what is it?
“Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3L from 1988 in oak green metallic”
8. Will you have any New Year’s Resolutions?
“Finish any quali lap in Le Mans next year!"